Griddle Insert for Gas, Electric or Charcoal Grills by Arteflame Outdoor Grills
Only $9.99 USD flat rate shipping on all orders
Fulfilled by our friends at Arteflame Outdoor Grills
Why buy an Arteflame insert?
- Carbon Steel and Cast Iron are very similar. This is why both are very good for cooking and grilling. The main difference is that Carbon Steel contains about 1% Carbon while Cast Iron contains 2% - 3% Carbon. This difference might not sound like much but the carbon effects the grain structure of the metal.
- When Cast Iron is heated unevenly, the heat differential causes stress in the metal as the thermal expansion is uneven. When this stress encounters a pocket of carbon, Cast Iron cracks. This is also why Cast Iron often breaks when it is dropped. The area of high carbon is extremely brittle and can’t stand the shock.
- In a grill, the heat is never uniform. This makes cast Iron an especially poor choice for grill inserts. For this reason, all Arteflame cooktops, inserts, griddles and Burger Pucks are made of only Carbon Steel.
- Various Grill Grate Replacement Insert Sizes Available for a Perfect Fit
- Use with wood or charcoal
- Precision laser cut from solid US steel for ready to use food grade finish
- Virtually maintenance-free: 60 second clean up
- Cooktop seasons with use
- Made in USA, guaranteed not to break or crack
- *Grill NOT INCLUDED* with purchase
There are many grills and many different grill grate sizes. As these often change, make sure you order the correct size for your grill. The simplest way of making sure you get the right size is by measuring the grill grate that came with your grill. Then simply select the corresponding size from the drop down list. Many people also buy the size they like best and just lay it on top of the existing grill grates.
Measure the overall length (long side) and the overall width (short side). Then select the corresponding Arteflame insert from the drop down list. As the stock grill grates fit fairly loose, measuring within 1/4" is perfectly fine.
Note: When the insert arrives, the cooktop will be silver (unseasoned). It will develop the dark black color shown in the images once it's been used several times.
Most items are fulfilled and shipped directly from our brand partners to provide you the fastest delivery times. If you ever have a shipping issue, feel free to reach out to either our concierge team directly or the brand partner directly. We're always happy to help!
Returns are generally accepted, unless otherwise noted on the item description above. Review our full return policy here.
Annual Member Credit (AMC) may vary on each product both above and below 20% of the product price. The AMC listed below the item price on the product listing is the amount of AMC earned on each item.